The objective of the awards is to help promising researchers to obtain international exposure of their work at an early stage in their career and thereby help develop their professionalism and sense of achievement.
We encourage young fellows to make a habit of attending both the annual EDSR and SID meetings, believing this is a great way of stimulating academic exchange as well as new professional interactions and collaborations.
For example, a young researcher in Europe, who contributes to ESDR meetings, would be encouraged to submit an abstract (different data) for presentation at the SID meeting.
The ESDR and SID very much hope that these awards will help develop the careers and profile of young researchers by providing the opportunity for international exchange and collegiality.
- The ESDR is offering 3 awards to young European-based researchers wishing to attend SID 2020. Each successful applicant will be awarded 1’500 euros to assist with travel and accommodation.
- The SID will waive the registration fee for its annual meeting.
- There will be the opportunity to present and discuss your data by visiting a Department in the USA. En route to, or on the way back from the SID meeting, the ESDR would help support a visit for that fellow to attend a Department or Institute at which he/she could present some data and enjoy some academic discussions/feedback, as well as some local hospitality.
NB: Any additional costs (e.g. for travel and accommodation for the Departmental visit) will need to be borne by the applicant or the host Department.
- European-based researchers,
- Member of the ESDR (new membership application is also possible)
- Currently active in investigative dermatology within a European University-based Department or Laboratory or similar Institution.
- Currently employed as a Resident, PhD student, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Lecturer, Instructor or Assistant Professor. Ineligible are Associate Professors, Senior Lecturers, Full Professors, Consultants, and Dermatologists in full-time clinical practice.
- Aged 40 or less at the time of application.
How to apply
- Make sure you have submitted an abstract for the 2020 SID meeting.
- Apply by email to the ESDR Executive Director, Thomas Florestan (firstname.lastname@example.org) (deadline for applications 17.00 CET 20 March 2020)
- Applications should include:
- Brief CV of applicant
- Details and goals of proposed department visit in the USA
- Brief note from head of department in the Japan confirming his/her willingness to host you, if application is successful.
- A copy of the abstract submitted for the SID meeting
The ESDR will notify the successful applicants by 31 March 2020
For more information about the 2020 SID Meeting, please go to the SID meeting website.
For more information about the SID, please go to the SID website.
PERIOD OF APPLICATION:
- 3 travel awards of EUR 1,500 each