The 2021 ESDR Academy for Future Leaders in Dermatology will be held virtually
Find the next FLA
The ESDR Future Leaders Academy in Dermatology is an annual educational event launched in 2011. It brings together highly gifted young scientists and renowned senior scientists from dermatological departments all over Europe and beyond for a 2.5 days meeting.
The goal of this initiative is to encourage excellent young dermatologists to further pursue their academic careers through guidance and mentoring of established scientists in the field.
All attendees give oral presentations of their work, attend lectures from senior scientists. Besides scientific sessions, there is a strong emphasis on encouraging attendees to network and to exchange ideas with their peers and mentors.
Alumni of the Academy organise a successful Future Leaders Symposium which takes place at the annual ESDR meeting in September.
- The program is primarily open to European residents currently engaged in skin-related research (MD, PhD, Post-Doc, Resident etc).
- A LIMITED number of places will be made available for participants residing outside Europe.
- Participants must be 40 years old or under by 1 November of the year the FLA takes place. Exceptions may be made for career breaks, maternity/paternity leave etc.
- Applications are reviewed on scientific merit by the ESDR Scientific Program Committee.
- ESDR committees are also responsible for inviting senior faculty.
- ESDR covers accommodation costs for all participants and travel costs for ESDR members. If you are not a member you may apply prior to the Academy.
- Participants must commit to staying for the entire duration of the Academy and should travel alone.
- All participants give oral presentations of their work and be expected to attend mentoring events.
- Past participants are not eligible for consideration.