The EADV Research Fellowship is a scholarship funded by the EADV with the aim of supporting the research training of junior Dermatologists-Venereologists, residents in Dermatology- Venereology, or junior scientists in a high standard academic centre.
For more details and to apply, visit the website. https://eadv.org/research-fellowships
Application deadline: 1 April 2021
Purpose and tenure
The purpose of the EADV Research Fellowship is to provide support for young dermatologists or trainees in Dermatology- Venereology or junior scientists from other basic science disciplines (post-doctoral scientists) to receive advanced training on basic or clinical research in Dermatology and Venereology in a high standard clinical or research center in a country other than their own.
The ultimate goal of the fellowship is to support the initiation of an academic career by the Fellow/ Young Investigator, to transfer knowledge and technical skills to the Home Institution and promote the establishment of research collaborations among European and international centers.
The EADV Research Fellowship lasts for 12 months and should start within the first trimester of the year after submission (January to March). This is following a formal evaluation of the application process by the PPRC and approval by the EADV Board at the annual EADV meeting. Period shorter than 12 months will not be accepted.
An established agreement between the candidate Fellow and a research or clinical center (Host Institution) that offers excellent research opportunities for the particular research subject and has accepted the candidate for a one year fellowship. The criteria for candidate Fellows are:
The fellow is either way:
- A dermatologist – venereologist,
- A resident in Dermatology – Venereology, or
- A junior scientist with special interest in Dermatology-Venereology (post-doctoral scientist)
- The fellow should be of European Nationality
- The fellow should be under the age of 40 on the day of application.
- The fellow has previous published experience in the field of research he or she is planning to engage in or have a track record in skin research documented by his/her publication records.
- A detailed project that will be submitted by the candidate.