The LEO Foundation Awards constitute a global recognition for outstanding young scientists. Three awards are given annually, one in each of the Americas, EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) and Asia-Pacific regions.
The LEO Foundation Awards constitute a global recognition and are given annually to outstanding young scientists whose work represent extraordinary contributions to dermatology research.
There will be three awards, one grant of $100,000 will be selected from applicants in the EMEA region. The successful EMEA applicant will receive his/her award during the ESDR Annual Meeting.
- You are resident in an EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) country
- You have conducted a research on which the application is based and have your primary workplace within the relevant region at the time of being selected as awardee
- You are between 30 and 40 years of age at the time of being selected as awardee. Natural and reasonable career breaks such as paternity/maternity leave, military service or the like may be deducted
- You can demonstrate scientific merits in the form of at least 5 peer-reviewed first author or co-first author publications within skin-related research
- You are an active scientist within skin-related research
- You agree to become a member of the ‘LEO Foundation Alumni Club’ with accompanying obligations, if selected as awardee
How to apply
More information on the LEO Foundation website.
Note: Applications will be reviewed by an international review panel from ESDR, JSID and SID. The successful candidate will receive his/her award later in the year. The LEO Foundation will ensure an independent and unbiased evaluation process in which all applications will be evaluated based on the same criteria and towards the same scientific level
PERIOD OF APPLICATION:
- 22 May to 22 June 2020 – Region EMEA
- $100,000 – Region EMEA