The LEO Foundation Award is presented to a young researcher from Region EMEA whose work represents an extraordinary contribution to dermatological research. The award is worth USD 100,000.
The LEO Foundation Award recognizes the outstanding young researchers and scientists from around the world, whose work represent an extraordinary contribution to skin research and have the potential to pave the way for new and improved treatments for skin diseases.
The award was born out of the Foundation’s aim of advancing the understanding and treatment of skin diseases and strengthening the pipeline of excellent dermatology researchers. It recognizes promising young talents and hopefully provides a boost to their future careers.
Three awards are made each year, one in each of the regions: Americas, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) and Asia-Pacific. Each award is worth USD 100,000.
The winner of the award in region EMEA will be announced on during the annual ESDR meeting in September.
- You are resident in an EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) country
- You have conducted a research on which the application is based and have your primary workplace within the relevant region at the time of being selected as awardee
- You are between 30 and 40 years of age at the time of being selected as awardee. Natural and reasonable career breaks such as paternity/maternity leave, military service or the like may be deducted
- You can demonstrate scientific merits in the form of at least 5 peer-reviewed first author or co-first author publications within skin-related research
- You are an active scientist within skin-related research
- You agree to become a member of the ‘LEO Foundation Alumni Club’ with accompanying obligations, if selected as awardee
How to apply
More information on the LEO Foundation website.
Applications will be reviewed by an international review panel. All panel members have been appointed by their respective society in region Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. The LEO Foundation will ensure an independent and unbiased evaluation process in which all applications will be evaluated based on the same criteria and towards the same scientific level.
PERIOD OF APPLICATION:
- 21 May – 18 June 2021 – Region EMEA
- $100,000 – Region EMEA