AWARDS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS.
ESDR is offering opportunities to apply for travel awards within Europe to further dermatological research. Grants of up to EUR 10’000 will be available per successful applicant.
The ESDR thanks the European Skin Research Foundation (ESRF) for its support of this project.
- To develop and progress the research career of both clinical and non-clinical researchers within the field of dermatological research, and
- To introduce new techniques or skills to your current research interest.
Types of training
- To promote/generate future collaborations between teams/institutions, or
- To attend a skills-based training course
- An ESDR member based in Europe; and
- A full-time post-doctoral researcher, PhD student, graduate clinical fellow
Note: funding support will not be provided for: salary costs, conference visits, lectures, tours, visits between collaborating research groups located in the same city or town
How to apply
List of needs:
- Short CV (2 pages max). For PhD students, indicate the school in which you are enrolled
- List of publications including oral and abstract presentations at scientific meetings
- Detailed description of current research and how the proposed travel award will develop both research and career development (2 pages max).
- This proposal should be written by the applicant. It should contain a 200-word summary. The proposal should not exceed 1500 words and should include relevant references to published literature (references do not contribute to the word limit).
- The research proposal should be sufficiently detailed to allow the evaluators to form a clear idea of the planned work. The scientific committee will be sensitive to two themes (1) A better understanding of basic skin biology and disease, and (2) The development of expertise in a new technology.
- Statement by the head of the current laboratory (name of current laboratory and institution)
- Statement of availability by the head of the host laboratory (name of host laboratory and institution)
- Provide a budget containing travel, accommodation, and cost-of-living expenses for the duration of your proposed visit.
Submitting your application
- Your application must be sent as a single pdf file to Thomas Florestan at the ESDR office (email@example.com)
- The email subject should be: [ YEAR ] ESSTA travel award application
Evaluation of the applications
- Applications are assessed by the ESDR Travel Award Committee.
- The basis of scientific excellence and innovation
- The importance to furthering the academic career of the applicant.
- Applications should demonstrate how the award will aid their scientific program.
Period of application:
- Currently suspended due to covid-19 travel restrictions
- EUR 10’000 per grants