ESDR is offering opportunities to apply for travel awards within Europe to further dermatological research. Grants of up to EUR 10’000 will be available per successful applicant.
- To develop and progress the research career of both clinical and non-clinical researchers within the field of dermatological research, and
- To introduce new techniques or skills to your current research interest.
Types of training
- To promote/generate future collaborations between teams/institutions, or
- To attend a skills-based training course
- An ESDR member based in Europe; and
- A full-time post-doctoral researcher, PhD student, graduate clinical fellow
Note: funding support will not be provided for: salary costs, conference visits, lectures, tours, visits between collaborating research groups located in the same city or town
How to apply
List of needs:
- Short CV (2 pages max). For PhD students, indicate the school in which you are enrolled
- List of publications including oral and abstract presentations at scientific meetings
- Detailed description of current research and how the proposed travel award will develop both research and career development (2 pages max).
- This proposal should be written by the applicant. It should contain a 200-word summary. The proposal should not exceed 1500 words and should include relevant references to published literature (references do not contribute to the word limit).
- The research proposal should be sufficiently detailed to allow the evaluators to form a clear idea of the planned work. The scientific committee will be sensitive to two themes (1) A better understanding of basic skin biology and disease, and (2) The development of expertise in a new technology.
- Statement by the head of the current laboratory (name of current laboratory and institution)
- Statement of availability by the head of the host laboratory (name of host laboratory and institution)
- Provide a budget containing travel, accommodation, and cost-of-living expenses for the duration of your proposed visit.
Submitting your application
- Your application must be sent as a single pdf file to Thomas Florestan at the ESDR office (email@example.com)
- The email subject should be: [ YEAR ] ESSTA travel award application
Evaluation of the applications
- Applications are assessed by the ESDR Travel Award Committee.
- The basis of scientific excellence and innovation
- The importance to furthering the academic career of the applicant.
- Applications should demonstrate how the award will aid their scientific program.
Period of application:
- Deadline: 30 June 2022
- up to EUR 10’000 per grant