Date(s) - 27/10/2022 - 29/10/2022
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
2022 ESDR ACADEMY FOR FUTURE LEADERS IN DERMATOLOGY
TITLE: BUILDING CONNECTIONS WITHIN AND BEYOND DERMATOLOGY
27-29 October 2022, Valencia, Spain Co-chairs: Sabine Eming, Enikö Sonkoly and Leopold Eckhart The goal of this initiative is to encourage young gifted dermatologists to further pursue their academic careers through guidance and mentoring of established scientists in the field. Besides scientific sessions, there is a strong emphasis on encouraging young people to network and to exchange ideas. The Academy is an excellent opportunity for sponsoring companies to establish strong professional relationships with the next generation of leaders in dermatology.
Generously supported through educational grants from
Applications for 2022 have now closed Confirmed Mentors: Muzlifah Haniffa (Newcastle, UK), Michel Gilliet (Lausanne, Switzerland), Bernhard Homey (Düsseldorf, Germany), Edel O’Toole (London, UK), Knut Schäkel (Heidelberg, Germany), Christoph Schlapbach (Bern, Switzerland), Ines Sequeira (London, UK), Zoltan Szekanecz (Debrecen, Hungary)
Access the FLA 2022 Program here
- The program is primarily open to European residents currently engaged in skin-related research (MD, PhD, Post-Doc, Resident etc).
- A LIMITED number of places will be made available for participants residing outside Europe.
- Participants must be 40 years old or under by 1 November of the year the FLA takes place. Exceptions may be made for career breaks, maternity/paternity leave etc.
- Applications are reviewed on scientific merit by the ESDR Scientific Program Committee.
- ESDR committees are also responsible for inviting senior faculty.
- ESDR covers accommodation costs for all participants and travel costs for ESDR members. If you are not a member you may apply prior to the Academy.
- Participants must commit to staying for the entire duration of the Academy and should travel alone.
- All participants give oral presentations of their work and be expected to attend mentoring events.
- Past participants are not eligible for consideration.