Find the next Leadership Mentoring course
The first ESDR Leadership Mentoring program was launched in November 2019. Developed in association with, and directed by, Prof Naomi Chambers of the Manchester Business School (MBS), UK, the first 2-day course included 16 applicants previously selected from alumni of the ESDR Academy for Future Leaders in Dermatology. Observers from the ESDR Board and sister societies were present.
Following the success of the event the ESDR decided to organize a follow-up course directed by Prof. Naomi Chambers (MBS). The follow-up course involved all the participants from the previous program for a one-day follow-up course on 12 April 2020, followed by a 2-day course on 13-14 April 2021 with a new cohort.
Note:Due to Covid-19 ongoing pandemic and for the health and safety of all participants and organizers the educational program in April was held virtual
The third ESDR Leadership Mentoring program will be held face-to-face on 11-13 November 2021, in Manchester, UK. We anticipate having 16-17 participants each cohort (2 & 3). The programme will include one day follow-up course on 11 November for cohort 2 followed by teaching on 12-13 November 2021 for cohort 3.
- To address specific individual development priorities for future leaders in dermatology across Europe
- To share European health policy insights to support entrepreneurship in dermatology
- To introduce frameworks for effective management and leadership in the healthcare context, including a focus on delegation, conflict resolution and managing strategic change
- To understand the effects of personality preferences on personal leadership styles and impact on others
- To introduce the concept of Action Learning and to practice using this approach