- To address specific individual development priorities for future leaders in dermatology across Europe
- To share European health policy insights to support entrepreneurship in dermatology
- To introduce frameworks for effective management and leadership in the healthcare context, including a focus on delegation, conflict resolution and managing strategic change
- To understand the effects of personality preferences on personal leadership styles and impact on others
- To introduce the concept of Action Learning and to practise using this approach
The inaugural ESDR Leadership Mentoring program was launched in November 2019. Developed in association with Prof Naomi Chambers from the Manchester Business School in the UK, the first 2-day course included 16 applicants previously selected for the ESDR Academy for Future Leaders in Dermatology. Observers from the ESDR Board and sister societies were present.
The ESDR plans to continue the program in late 2020 and beyond.