18-21 September 2019
Deadline: 10 March 2019 The ESDR is offering 3 awards to young European-based researchers wishing to attend SID 2019 in Chicago. Click below for more information and application criteria.
Edgar Frenk, professor emeritus and former chairman of the department of dermatology and venerology at the CHUV in Lausanne, Switzerland, passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family, after a short illness. Professor Edgar Frenk made important contributions to the field of dermatology through his scientific research in the fields of photobiology and ultrastructure of the skin. He was a past president of the European Society for Dermatological Research and had many friends and collaborators all over Europe, the UK and the US where he was trained.
We are deeply saddened that Professor Otto Braun-Falco passed away on 9 April 2018.
Prof Braun-Falco is considered one of the most influential dermatologists of the twentieth century.
For 2017, the Fellowship Program's second year, two outstanding candidates, one representing the US and one representing Europe, were selected to receive a stipend to support travel, lodging, registration, and poster presentation(s) at the annual meetings of the SID and the ESDR.
JID Current Issue
- Targeted delivery of TNF potentiates the antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity of an anti-melanoma immunoglobulin
- Group A streptococcal DNase Sda1 impairs plasmacytoid dendritic cell’s type I interferon response
- A20 and ABIN1 suppression of a keratinocyte inflammatory program with a shared single cell expression signature in diverse human rashes
- Higher frequency of dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor intake in bullous pemphigoid patients than in the French general population
- Identification of a robust methylation classifier for cutaneous melanoma diagnosis
- Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 is Expressed in Human Hair Follicles and Inhibits Hair Growth in Vitro
- A trans-ethnic Mendelian randomization study identifies causality of obesity on risk of psoriasis
- The Amino-Terminal Part of Human Filaggrin-2 is a Component of Cornified Envelopes
- Neutrophil Extracellular Traps Induce Human Th17 Cells: Effect of Psoriasis-Associated TRAF3IP2 Genotype
- Cochrane reviews and dermatological trials outcome concordance; why Core Outcome Sets could make trial results more usable
The Journal of Investigative Dermatology (JID) is the official journal of the ESDR and SID. JID publishes papers describing original research on all aspects of cutaneous biology and skin disease. All ESDR members receive a print copy of the JID as well as access through this website.