Deadline: 31 January 2018
The ESDR is pleased to announce a call for nominations for Dermatology Residents, Post-Doctoral Fellows or PhD students, to participate in the International Investigative Dermatology 2018 (IID 2018) Trainee Retreat. The retreat will be held in conjunction with the SID and the JSID on Wednesday, 16 May from 07.00 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort (as part of the IID 2018 Meeting from 16-19 May 2018 in Orlando, Florida).
Participants will have the opportunity to meet with an international group of leaders in the field of dermatological research. They will discuss topics such as advantages of careers in research and opportunities for advancement in academic careers. A strong emphasis will be made for retreat attendees to network with their peers across all three societies (SID, ESDR and JSID) and with faculty from all societies.
* How to build a research career in academics;
* What differences in this process exist between member societies;
* How collaborative research is conducted;
* Role of mentorship in research.
CANDIDATES NOMINATION CRITERIA
* Candidate must have a MD, PhD or MD/PhD degree;
* Candidate must be a Dermatology Resident, PhD, or a PhD student;
* Candidate must be nominated by their Department Chair, Program Director or Principal Investigator;
* Candidate should be on track for research or academic careers;
* Candidate must have submitted an abstract to the IID 2018 Meeting;
* Candidate should be a member of the ESDR.
SUBMITTING APPLICATION MATERIALS BY EMAIL
All candidates must submit the following 3 documents via email to Thomas Florestan at the ESDR office email@example.com
1. A nomination letter from the Candidates Chair, Program Director or Principal Investigator, describing the candidate's potential to be a physician-scientist or academician
2. The FINAL abstract submitted to the IID 2018 Meeting
3. Candidate's Biosketch or short CV, limited to 2 pages
CANDIDATE SELECTION PROCESS
Each of the three societies will award up to 25 attendees the opportunity to attend the retreat. Depending on total number of applicants, this will likely limit attendance to only one candidate per institution.
* The IID will arrange for the selected attendees from each society 1 night of accommodation at the Rosen Shingle Creek for Tuesday, 15 May 2018;
* The IID will cover meals for the attendees during the retreat program on Wednesday, 16 May 2018;
* Selected candidates will be notified via email mid-to-late February 2018;
* Acceptance to the IID Retreat does not include registration to the IID 2018 Meeting.