Applications for the 2017 award are now open.
Every year, a Gold Award of DKK 1,000,000 (approx. EUR 130,000) and a Silver Award of DKK 500,000 (approx. EUR 65,000) are given to talented and committed young researchers in recognition of their exceptional contribution to science.
Candidates are selected in association with the European Society for Dermatological Research (ESDR). The ESDR administers the advertising and all applications will be reviewed by nominated members of the ESDR Scientific Committee, who will select the four best candidates. The final decision and selection of the Gold and Silver Award winners will be made by the LEO Pharma Research Foundation’s Award Committee.
The ESDR is now accepting applications from talented and committed young scientists (PhD/MD) below the age of 40 who have shown outstanding potential to become prominent contributors to the field of dermatological research in the near future. It is expected that successful candidates will have strong publication records, be young independent investigators and have a clear vision for the direction of their future research. Previous recipients of the awards can be viewed at: http://www.leo-pharma.com/Home/LEO-Pharma/LEO-Pharma-Research-Foundation/Award-recipients.aspx
The award may be used for one or more projects within the award winner’s area of research and at the award winner’s discretion. The award winner shall account for the spending of the money to the LEO Pharma Research Foundation (LPRF) and ESDR.
The awards will be presented in Salzburg in September 2017 at the annual ESDR meeting and the award winners will be required to attend the LEO Pharma Research Foundation Awards Ceremony.
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2017
Entry criteria, eligibility and application process
- You are a young independent scientist (PhD/MD) who has shown outstanding potential to become a prominent contributor to the field of dermatological research in the near future
- Applicants should be residents of a European country, living in Europe and aged up to 40 years*
- Applicants should have either already established themselves through independent research, or have been appointed to an independent position
* In exceptional circumstances older candidates will be considered, especially for those candidates that have taken a career break or maternity/paternity leave.
- The closing date for entries is 30 April 2017
- Entries should be accompanied by the completed application form (Word document – available here) together with a letter of support from a senior researcher in the field. Incomplete or late entries will not be considered
- Please send one PDF or Word copy of the application form, your CV and nomination letter addressed to Thomas Florestan by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries will be reviewed by nominated members of the ESDR Scientific Committee and a final decision made by the LEO Pharma Research Foundation’s Award Committee
- The award winners will be informed in June 2017
- The awards will be presented at the annual ESDR meeting in Salzburg, 27-30 September 2017 and award winners will be required to attend the Awards Ceremony