18-21 September 2019
ESDR travel grants are available for the forthcoming Keystone meeting on Skin Health and Disease: Immune, Epithelial and Microbiome Crosstalk (D4), held in Hannover from 8-11 April 2019. Travel grants are available to ESDR members, aged 40 or under who have had an abstract accepted by the Keystone meeting. Deadline for applications is 31 January 2019. Please contact the ESDR office for more details.
Deadline: 10 March 2019 The ESDR is offering 3 awards to young European-based researchers wishing to attend SID 2019 in Chicago. Click below for more information and application criteria.
Edgar Frenk, professor emeritus and former chairman of the department of dermatology and venerology at the CHUV in Lausanne, Switzerland, passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family, after a short illness. Professor Edgar Frenk made important contributions to the field of dermatology through his scientific research in the fields of photobiology and ultrastructure of the skin. He was a past president of the European Society for Dermatological Research and had many friends and collaborators all over Europe, the UK and the US where he was trained.
JID Current Issue
- Reply to van Gils and Vanakker
- Dsg1 deficiency causes lethal skin blistering
- Ambiguous role of SATB1 expression in malignant tumors
- Growth hormone operates as a neuroendocrine regulator of human hair growth ex vivo
- The Actin-Based Motor Myosin Vb is Crucial to Maintain the Epidermal Barrier Integrity
- The EGR1–STAT3 Transcription Factor Axis Regulates α-MSH–induced Tyrosinase Gene Transcription in Melanocytes
- Mechanical stretch exacerbates psoriasis by stimulating keratinocyte proliferation and cytokine production
- Atopic dermatitis is an IL-13 dominant disease with greater molecular heterogeneity compared to psoriasis
- Adenovirus-mediated ABCC6 Gene Therapy for Heritable Ectopic Mineralization Disorders
- Oral health in patients with psoriasis – a prospective study
The Journal of Investigative Dermatology (JID) is the official journal of the ESDR and SID. JID publishes papers describing original research on all aspects of cutaneous biology and skin disease. All ESDR members receive a print copy of the JID as well as access through this website.